PORT FRANKS CAMERA CLUB
Regular meetings are held at the Port Franks Community Centre, 9997 Port Franks Road, upstairs in the Optimist Room, at 7 PM, unless otherwise noted.
THEME: Scavenger Hunt 2017
Monday October 9 – Thanksgiving. There will be no meeting tonight.
Walkabout – No walkabouts are planned. Please use the time to work on getting all of the images you need for the Scavenger Hunt
Monday October 23 – Review of the Scavenger Hunt images.
Scavenger Hunt Information
Five quotes from classic children’s stories were presented via slideshow at the photo club meeting Monday, September 25th to introduce the Scavenger Hunt. The purpose is to try and find something that captures the essence of each quote. Each quote aligns with a different photographic technique.
- Open ONLY to Port Franks Camera Club members.
- One photo per theme.
- Photos must be taken between September 24th and October 18th.
- Photos must be uploaded no later than 11:59pm on Wednesday, October 18th.
- Entries will be judged based on:
- A good capture of the quote.
- Overall quality and composition.
- Bonus points for creativity and imagination.
Submissions will be presented and winners announced at the meeting on Monday, October 23rd.
- First Place: Henry’s Gift Certificate ($50)
- Second Place: One Year paid PFCC Membership ($40)
- Third Place: One year subscription to Photo Life
- Honourable Mention: 16 GB memory card
- Honourable Mention: Zeiss lens cleaner
How to Submit:
- On Flickr
- Upload your photos to Flickr.
- Add each photo to the Port Franks Camera Club Group.
- Tag each photo with the tag that is given for each theme. (See Below)
- Email Sharon or Trish to let them know you have completed your submissions.
- Sharon’s email is 24lyoness ‘at’ gmail.com
- Trish’s email is anderson.trish3 ‘at’ gmail.com
This is a wonderful opportunity to look at the world from a child’s perspective using your imagination. It’s also a good opportunity to practice the techniques we’ve been discussing this past year. OF NOTE: Panoramas are welcome in any category.
- “Second to the right, and straight on till morning.” – J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Technique: Long Exposure (stars, nighttime, etc.)
- “Some sort of a creature of verysmall size, Too small to be seen by an
elephant’s eyes…” – Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears A Who
- “If you knew Time as well as I do,” said the Hatter, “you wouldn’t talk
about wasting it. It’s him.” – Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland
- “The country lay bare and entirely leafless around him as he pushed
on towards the Wild Wood, which lay before him low and threatening,
like a black reef in some still southern sea.” – Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows
- “When you go after honey with a balloon, the great thing is not to
let the bees know you’re coming.” – A. A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Technique: Motion (& Whimsy)
OTHER INTERESTING ACTIVITIES OR EVENTS
September 19-23 = International Plowing Match
September 30 – October 2 – Bayfield Fall Foto Fest. http://phototourtrekkers.com/tours/bayfield-fall-foto-fest-2017/
Horse Canada – Theme is “Emotions” – “equine photos that illustrate the emotions that horses experience or that horses can induce in us.”
Open only to amateur photographers living in Canada
Deadline: November 1/17