PORT FRANKS CAMERA CLUB
Regular meetings are held at the Port Franks Community Centre, 9997 Port Franks Road, upstairs in the Optimist Room, at 7 PM, unless otherwise noted.
NOTE: THE AUGUST 13th MEETING WILL NOT BE HELD AT THE OPTIMIST CENTRE. See below for details.
Saturday August 11 or Sunday August 12
Our walkabout this month will be to the Ram Rodeo at the Exeter Fair Grounds. It is a wonderful event to get some action shots. Due to the small arena you are never far from the thrills and spills. On Saturday the rodeo runs from 4 pm to 6 pm. On Sunday it is from 2 pm to 4 pm. Admission is $20. Go on your own or with another member. If you get there early you can get some colour shots of the vendor booths and displays before the show.
Monday August 13
Due to the unavailability of our regular meeting room we will be meeting at the Grand Bend Beach for a team scavenger hunt. BRING YOUR CAMERA! We will meet at 7pm at the Bandshell, receive our list of items for the hunt, and then the fun begins. The idea is to brush up on our observation skills and have fun more than getting the perfect shot. If it rains that night, we will cancel and do the scavenger hunt another time. Parking in the beach lots is free after 7pm and on Main Street after 5pm.
Monday August 27
NIAGARA OVERNIGHT TRIP – SEPT. 12 -13
Exact details are being worked out but here is a rough outline:
- Leave Grand Bend/Port Franks around 8:30 on Wednesday Sept. 12
- Visit a vineyard on the escarpment with lunch either there or just down the road.
- In the afternoon visit Niagara-on-the-Lake with free time to explore the picturesque town, visit historic Fort George, spend time in some of the interesting and unique shops, and/or stop by one of the delicious gelato outlets on Main Street.
- Arrive at Niagara Falls in the late afternoon and check into our hotel. Time for a visit to the Falls before a group supper at a local restaurant. The likely hotel is the Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls – $102 ($51 if shared).
- It is our hope that we can keep the cars parked at the hotel for the entire length of our visit. Most of the photography options on the survey are within a reasonable walking distance of the hotel.
- The survey gives information on prices for some of the sightseeing/photographic opportunities. Members will be welcome to do things on their own but we will arrange some group activities and group meals as well. The committee was struck by the large number of possible activities and selected the ones we felt would have the most universal appeal and could be enjoyed as a group.
- Leave Niagara Falls around 4 on Thursday for the return trip to arrive home around 7:30 or 8 pm.
To register, or for more information, contact Sharon – firstname.lastname@example.org.