Scavenger Hunt – 2017
Five quotes from classic children’s stories were presented via slideshow at the photo club meeting Monday, September 25th to introduce the Scavenger Hunt. The purpose is to try and find something that captures the essence of each quote. Each quote aligns with a different photographic technique.
- Open ONLY to Port Franks Camera Club members.
- One photo per theme.
- Photos must be taken between September 24th and October 18th.
- Photos must be uploaded no later than 11:59pm on Wednesday, October 18th.
- Entries will be judged based on:
- A good capture of the quote.
- Overall quality and composition.
- Bonus points for creativity and imagination.
Submissions will be presented and winners announced at the meeting on Monday, October 23rd.
- First Place: Henry’s Gift Certificate ($50)
- Second Place: One Year paid PFCC Membership ($40)
- Third Place: One year subscription to Photo Life ($25)
- Honourable Mention: 16 GB memory card ($20)
- Honourable Mention: Zeiss lens cleaner ($10)
How to Submit:
- On Flickr
- Upload your photos to Flickr.
- Add each photo to the Port Franks Camera Club Group.
- Tag each photo with the tag that is given for each theme. (See Below)
- Email Sharon or Trish to let them know you have completed your submissions.
This is a wonderful opportunity to look at the world from a child’s perspective using your imagination. It’s also a good opportunity to practice the techniques we’ve been discussing this past year. OF NOTE: Panoramas are welcome in any category.
- “Second to the right, and straight on till morning.” – J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Technique: Long Exposure (stars, nighttime, etc.)
- “Some sort of a creature of verysmall size, Too small to be seen by an
elephant’s eyes…” – Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears A Who
- “If you knew Time as well as I do,” said the Hatter, “you wouldn’t talk
about wasting it. It’s him.” – Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland
Please note: for those who missed the slideshow and have trouble interpreting this quote (as the test panel did), there are three photos on Sharon Lyons’ Flickr account titled “Time is him” that will give you an idea of what you can do with this quote.
- “The country lay bare and entirely leafless around him as he pushed
on towards the Wild Wood, which lay before him low and threatening,
like a black reef in some still southern sea.” – Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows
- “When you go after honey with a balloon, the great thing is not to
let the bees know you’re coming.” – A. A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Technique: Motion (& Whimsy)