Eastman Kodak, the company that invented the hand-held camera, has filed for bankruptcy protection.
- Kodak founder George Eastman produced the first camera film in rolls in 1883
- The firm Kodak is set up in 1888 and launches the first consumer camera in 1888 with the slogan: “You press the button, we do the rest”
- In 1900 Kodak introduces a consumer camera for $1 called the Brownie, which goes on to become a best-seller in America
- In 1969 a Kodak camera is used during the first Moon landing
- Kodak claims to have invented the world’s first digital camera in 1975. It had a resolution of 0.1 megapixels; the camera was the size of a toaster
Enjoy reading this “Reblog.” Thanks to http://opinionehted.com for the article.